Child Protection Review Team
The membership of Eileen Monro’s child protection Review Team has finally been revealed. They are:
- Professor Sue White, University of Lancaster and former member of the Social Work Task Force.
- District Judge Nicholas Crichton (the Judge with a heart) of the Inner Family Proceedings Court.
- Marion Davis, President of the Association of Director’s of Children’s Services.
- Daniel Defoe, (great name) a care leaver and member of Newham’s Care Council.
- Melanie Adegbite, a self employed Social Worker (who apparently works for LB Newham).
- Avril Head, Foster Carer and the Sun’s 2007 Wonder Mum.
- Martin Narey, Barnardo’s outgoing Chief Executive who pops up here, there and everywhere.
There are some very big egos and energetic self-publicists in there. Will they be able to resist quarelling with each other or fighting amongst themselves about who should be in front of the TV cameras? Time will tell